|Title:||Systems Architect SME – Configuration Management (CM)|
Systems Architect SME – Configuration Management (CM)
SBG Technology Solutions, Inc. (SBG) is growing and would like you to come join our team!
SBG, a service disabled veteran owned small business specializing in engineering, information technology, cyber-security, and training, is looking for a results-oriented Systems Architect SME. We are seeking a highly motivated individual looking to join our rapidly growing company. The ideal candidate for the Systems Architect SME /CM position would be an experienced individual who is hard-working, has the ability to excel in a fast-paced government contractor environment, and is someone who has a positive energetic attitude.
- Software CM and ad-hoc CM expertise, as well as CM coaching/training, assessments, auditing, and the socialization of VA’s standard CM practices throughout the EPMO
- Use of IBM Rational to manage product (software) configuration items (source code, files, and documents).
- Use and maintenance of the EPMO CM Dashboard in the Rational Tool.
- Manages software and non-software configuration items in an Application Management Lifecycle Management (ALM) or CM tool in an Agile/Scrum environment, including (but not limited to) managing requirements, testing, source code, source control, baselines, builds and documents.
- Implements controlled change processes, including setting up an approval process that could include a configuration control board or a product backlog grooming ceremony for approving or rejecting changes being requested against baselines.
- Records and reports all the necessary information on the status of the development process
- Performs software and infrastructure CM audits to ensure that configurations contain VA CM required components (source code or products and associated documents) according to VA CM standards. Managing the build process and effective use of tools for software builds.
- Facilitates team interactions related to CM standards, process, and services.
- Manages changes and remediating defects and enabling traceability back to the source.
- Facilitates software development and infrastructure projects and team members in learning and using CM practices for their projects/products.
- Assists in developing and implementing Product (Software and Non-Software) CM Plans, procedures, and standards.
- Documents and implements Product Change and Configuration Management Procedures.
- Provides expert-level support for CM Program areas and ad-hoc services, such as providing mentoring, coaching, and appropriate services to experienced project configuration managers.
- Master’s Degree, Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education
- At least ten years of experience performing direct, hands-on CM for large enterprise-wide projects that include software and enterprise products.
- Expert-level understanding of CM through full Systems Development Lifecycles (SDLC) and Agile/Scrum lifecycles.
- Expert-level CM experience in source and build management, as well as configuration audits, with source management of parallel developments, including branching and merging strategies.
- Significant, verifiable experience in CM business, functional, technical, and operational analysis and activities.
- Significant, verifiable experience in architecting CM enterprise programs, solutions, and repositories.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CM tools, including but not limited to IBM Rational
- Must be well versed in Object Oriented tools and techniques
- Must have thorough knowledge of data modeling skills using automated tools.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident, or EAD to obtain and maintain a VA Public Trust Clearance
Desired Skills and Experience
- Active VA Public Trust Clearance preferred.
- Prior experience with the VA (particularly VHA and OI&T) strongly preferred.
We offer a very competitive benefits package, in a family-friendly environment.
SBG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V